Re: LZ: linking probs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: linking probs

> Will Stokes wrote:
>
>> he can't transmit stuff either way. he knows something is goin
>> gthough
>> becuase if he send to the calc. it will (that calc.) gets an error
>> message. but he can't seem to send anything. something like error 35
>> or
>> something comes up.

>> entire

>> and

>> friend
>> >
>> > What sort of problems is he having?
>> >

>  Are you sure you have everything connected right, nothing
> shorting/connecting properly? I made one of those links and it took me
> a while to see that I had a diode the wrong way round ( we are talking
> about the serial link, right?) Also, is he using the correct  software
> for it, I had to try a few different ones to get it to work right. If
> he can't get it to work (and no-one else suggests anything) try
> building the parallel link. Its much easier to make, and Link85xp
> works great with it.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Damien

$4 link -- that's the parallel link, correct?  Is your friend under
win95?  Uh-huh.  I had the problem, took me about 4 months to figure it
out (I'm not sure if this is what is affecting him or not...) But go
into control panel > printers > (insert default printer here) >
properties > port settings  and turn off spool MS-DOS printjobs.

If your cable is made properly and the little test proggie says it's
okay, then that should be your problem.

good luck,

--Paul