Re: LZ: A "Shell-Developers" E-Mailing List

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Michael Wyman wrote:

> On Sat, 31 May 1997, Keith Burzinski wrote:
>
> > Magnus just sent an e-mail today to me today asking me to ask around
>
> and
> > perhaps get a vote on how many people would like to see a mail list
> > specificly for shell developers.  Personally, I think that this
> would be
> > a great idea to help us all coordinate our efforts.  If you're
> currently
> > working on a shell, please re to this message ONCE and give us your
> > BRIEF opinion.  It can't hurt us, only help us...
>
> I think it would probably be a good idea...
>
> There is just one concern that I have... If all the programmers out
> there
> (though this probably wouldn't happen) start working on shells, who
> will
> program more games???
>
> It probably would be a good way to coordinate efforts...
>
> ~Michael

I really agree with michael on the games/shells...

Just wondering, but WHY is EVERYONE all of a sudden shell crazy?
What's wrong with Zshell?   Besides the lack of APD and Contrast
changing, that's just about it.  And this has been reproduced fine in
the other existing
shells, and if I understand correctly, is due in the next version of
zshell.

People, I haven't really seen any groundbreaking games lately..  Why not
work on
something else besides shells?  I've seen a bunch of games demonstrating
the
possibilites of the Z80.   I know a mario clone wouldn't be TOO terribly
difficult
to implement...  (In fact, SQRXZ is in beta... I can't wait to see the
final for that game)

I also want to see the final for Space invaders, and maybe someone
should work on
a Galaga clone.  I'm dying to see Pinball coming up soon...

So basically what I'm saying is, cut it out with the shells already.  We
have PLENTY
of them, and I'm not seeing very many improvments coming with each new
one..
Sure, there's the nifty GUI's, the slightly smaller size (That is one
good improvement)
and APD and contrast change, but nothing dramatically different.

I rather have new, spiffy games than a spiffy shell.

(I can feel the flames already...)

My 2 cents..
Take care...
:)