Re: LZ: RE: Running Apps. Off Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: RE: Running Apps. Off Expander

>This cannot be done. The processor IS too fast, but the main reason is that
>the expander is not addressable memory. It is accessed through the ports (the
>link port). The processor can only execute programs in its addressable memory.
>An analogy is that you can't execute programs from a hard disk or floppy. They
>MUST be loaded into addressable memory; this applies to any type of computer.

Right...  that's the main reason why it cannot be done.

And also like you said, the processor is way too fast.  I'd have to
calculate it exactly, but the processor requires data rates of over
500k/sec to sustain operation.  No port-addressable device comes even
close to this.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm