Re: LZ: Running Apps. Off Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Running Apps. Off Expander

you MUST load files down at least in "chunks" and then execute those. many
of us (including I in Megaracers with diff. tracks) have been considering
having automatic loading of levels and tracks in games. I.e., you load the
small front-end of a game onto the calc. when you want to race a
particular course (or level) the game itself automatically loads the
level, and when finnished deletes it. this is as small as possible you can
get, there is not way you can just download byte by byte and then expect
continious execution. at least, I don't belive this would be possible.
think of the expander as a nice calculator version of your computers
cd-rom, only better ;)

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, No Body wrote:

> I have been talking to many of my local friends who are very avare of
> hardware and software workings on computers (as am I) and we have come
> to a blank in our pool of knowledge.  Is it possible to set up a data
> stream from the memory expander (By Mel Tsai)so that programs could be
> run directly from the expander?  If not,  why?  The transfer rate is
> 5kb/S and so i dont think that the prossesor is too fast for the data
> stream...
> Perhaps one of you can fill me in.
>
> P.S. Has anyone used the v.t.100 emulator for the clculator?  If so
> please tell me what ist like, thanks
>

> -=Jermacide=-

> Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |