Re: LZ: hex editors (was Entry into ZShell)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: hex editors (was Entry into ZShell)

> Are you refering to HexEdit? (I saw it in the ticalc.org updates section
> yesterday, I think)
> Anyway, I, being the author of ZD-Bug, have been searching for quick and
easy
> interface for entering hex and ASCII (Any of you who have used ZD-Bug for
> hexediting know that it's a bit cumbersome), especially ASCII.
Unfortunately,
> the ASCII typing system must support upper case, lower case, and
punctuation
> simultaneously. Any ideas?
> Thank you all for putting up with my high density jabebring for the past
few
> days.

Just have an ascii/hex toggle switch and demand that they only enter hex. Or
maybe have a bar appear on the last line(s) that lets you pick out of an
ascii string which one to write. Then you only have to include the arrow keys
(like how you enter your initials on arcade games, but with all 256 char).