LZ: Some thoughts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Some thoughts

A couple times on this list people have been stating something like
this:
"The 85 is just a calculator..."
This is only partly true.  The 85 actually *is* a computer, because is
has a general microprocessor in it: the Z80.  Even though is was
designed to be a calculator doesn't mean that is what it is or has to be
used for.
Just a thought.

Also, for the worms clone, just call it "Worms" and use worms.  That is
what we know it for and that's what I like.  Remember, the code is
copyrighted, not the general idea.  Just give credit to Team 17 for
originating the idea.
Another thought.

I'm interested in programming a shell/OS for the 86. If anybody also
wants to or already has plans to email me with any info you have or just
tell me that your in.

On the 22nd I stated that the timer interupts are non-maskable, but the
are maskable, because we it jumps to when interupt can be changed.(for
the full e-mail see the July archive of the LZ message #135)

In my school everybody still uses ZShell 4.0!!!  There is only 1 or 2
people with a graphlink so it is hard to get new files.  At first only 3
programs were available for ZShell at my school.  Then I borrowed a
graphlink and introduced about 20 different progs on the calculator.
And most people who do have a 85 just play games and fill up there mems
with them.  They just want to access games quick and fast.  No GUI. I do
like a GUI though.  Maybe next school year I will introduce the new
shells and we will see what will happen.  I suspect that they will  stay
w/ZShell because most of the games out there have been made for ZShell.
Maybe when USGARD has no bugs and there are alot of *good* games out for
they will switch, but the games have to be written first!!!  But for now
I'm staying w/ ZShell.

Thanx.
Matt Butch
mjb25@hotmail.com