LZ: Shell detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Shell detection

Is there any way (within a program) do tell which shell is being used?  If so, we could make our programs USGARD incompatible.  j/k  Actually, it'd be useful for interrupts and stuff.  Also, would someone then write a routine to "prevent MS-DOS programs from detecting Windows"? (you'd get that if you ever looked in the properties of MS-DOS prompt in win95)  BTW, I do not really care about ZShell, USGARD, etc.  After all, the only reason I am programming is to learn programming, so what's the point of using code someone else wrote?  Then you don't learn anything.  Some of the people on this list are becoming shell fanatics.  PREDICTION:  Eventually, USGARD will replace Z/Cshell :(  why, well, why has Windows 95 practically replaced all other PC (emphasis on PC) OS's?  Because all the new stuff requires Win 95.

Buddy Smith
ti85calc@bellsouth.net
"There was no shell before usgard"--or was there?