RE: LZ: PSOII Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ: PSOII Libraries

On Thursday, June 26, 1997 3:30 AM, Jeffrey S. Sharp and Crystal L. Baird[SMTP:kyrie@telepath.com] wrote:
> It seems to me that USGARD is a *great* idea--if you had 64K or 128K of
> RAM.  There is just not enough memory on the average non-ESF-equipped
> person's calc to put enough games AND the USGARD shell AND the required
> libraries.  Remember: we have less than 32K at best in which to work.
> We only have room enough for something simple--and even good-ole CShell
> is too large to store more than a few games.  It's just too cramped in
> there.  Plus, USGARD's implementation strikes me as being a little
> complicated.  Ever wonder why no one ever writes games anymore? They're
> too busy worrying about their shells or how to program for them.

	As I said in my previous post, we're always here to answer questions, and you can always rewrite the features we've built in if you feel they're too complicated to use.  Usgard doesn't require that you use all the "complicated" features, we only recommend them, so you don't end up putting more work into code that we've already done for you!  With Usgard you can spend more time actually writing your program, not figuring out how to move sprites around, or keeping TSRs installed, or creating/deleting/resizing variables in the calc's memory, and much more!

	Later,
	Sam
--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>