LZ: RE: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thursday, June 26, 1997 1:53 AM, Micah/Richard Brodsky[SMTP:Micahbro@msn.com] wrote:
> Ok, it's great, right? I just want to put these into the air:
> 3 major complaints:
> 1-It's way to much like the MacOS. Unlike PCs and ZShell, it's really hard to
> tell what's happening and how to make best use of it, without spending hours
> and becoming an expert on USGARD and its programming, and that won't even
> really work.

Well we're always here to explain anything you want to know about Usgard...  It's really not that much more complicated!  We just added a few time and space-saving features.  Keep in mind, all Zshell programs *will* work for it, so if you don't want to use the built-in features, you can always *REWRITE* them and include them in your program, but who wants to do that?

> 2-It's so oddly buggy, I could cry. It locked up in 4 different ways in 10
> minutes on a ROM 10 calc, had 2 independant screen scrambles, 3 annoying GUI
> screwups, and 2 misc. errors, all in that same time period. I just can't use
> it or write for it.

Notice it is still in beta :)  Also, if you would be so kind as to tell us where the calculator crashed, we'd be able to fix these bugs...

> 3-What's with all those files? A 200k zip file for a 28k calculator's
> shell?!?! Make a couple of subfolders. I just can't work with so many files.

Uhhh... actually there are subfolders... use the -D option when unzipping ;)
	Later

--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>