From: Kevin Buck <mckbuck@coastalnet.com>
To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
Date: Thursday, June 19, 1997 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: LZ: RE: Need help and fast !!!

At 03:12 PM 6/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Friday, June 13, 1997 10:22 AM, Wiesel[SMTP:wiesel_m@netvision.net.il]
wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Reading all of your e-mails about Usgard - I decided to try it.
>> I downloaded it and sent it to my calc. Custum F1 ... and I got the usgard
>> install message. And since then, I have no calc - it froze - nothing
worked - I took out the batteries - and no good!!!

>> HELP ! I need the calc of Sunday...
>>
>>    If anyone knows what I can do - email me...
>
>I don't think it's possible for the calculator to be *completely* crashed,
since you can always just disconnect the power, and all the RAM will be
forgotton.

>First try taking out the battery and pressing [ON] 10 times, then putting
in the battery.  Then try turning up the contrast.  If it still doesn't
work, take out the little watch battery as well, leave it out for a couple
seconds (perhaps press ON... but that shouldn't matter), then put all the
batteries back in.  If it still doesn't work, then either there is something
physically broken inside your calculator (which software cannot cause), or
you haven't been turning up the contrast right.
> (BTW, when you get it back up and running, could you check your ROM
version?  Perhaps yours is one that doesn't work right with Usgard... We'll
definately fix this as soon as possible.)
> Sam
>
>--
>Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>

Another thing about this (different person)  A friend of mine once crashed
his calc so bad that he had to leave his batteries out overnight, then he
put them back in in the morining, and it worked fine, hope this might help.  :)

Sincerely,
Kevin

And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!

     ***********************************
     **         My E-mail address:    **
     **        elbo@usa.net        **
     **              Homepage:     **
     **   http://www.geocities.com/~kelbo   **
     ** BTW, while your down here reading this, me and a  **
     ** few other guys are writing a new game called Star **
     ** Warz 85, and would like you to e-mail suggestions **
     ** to:   **
     ** sw85dev@jhs.net   **
     ** One more thing, go to the following link to vote    **
     ** for the page logo:    **
     ** http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8557/vote.htm **