LZ: RE: Executing ASM programs from TI85-BASIC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Wednesday, June 18, 1997 11:24 PM, Jeff Tyrrill[SMTP:Jeff_Tyrrill@msn.com] wrote:
> If it's not too difficult or memory-consuming, a feature I would like to see
> in Usgard is a way to execute ASM programs from TI-BASIC. A feature similar
> that in Ulterior Motive for ZShell. It could work with interrupts, so that
> you
> could store the name of the ASM string to execute to another string variable,
> and it would execute.
>
> One big use of this I see is people writing most of their program in TI-
> BASIC,
> but certain routines using ASM that cannot be done in BASIC or are too slow
> in
> BASIC. With this feature built into Usgard, the user doesn't have to struggle
> with installing it along with the TI-BASIC program; the user just sends the
> BASIC program and the strings, and it will run.

	That's a good idea, and it would be quite easy to implement with Usgard's new interrupt structure.  But we won't sacrifice the space (we are already cutting everything out that's unnecessary) to have an interrupt like that permanently installed.  What you can do is install the interrupt, and send a backup to your computer.  Then when you resend the backup, the interrupt will be installed -- that's the beauty of Usgard... it's *so* customizable!
	Sam
--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>