Re: LZ: libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: libraries

I was thinking it would almost have to be grayscale to be able to tell
the differences in terrain.  They all look so similar.  I was thinking
there could be 2 different map views.  One view that is maybe 4X4
pixels to get a broad idea of what is happening and maybe 12X12 for
movement (this way everything will be distinguishable).  You could
click on an area of the smaller map and it would zoom in on the larger
map.  I don't think that would be too complicated.  Of course, you
would still need to be able to scroll around on the closer view map.
Also, how are you going to make the different countries
distinguishable?  Maybe each sprite of a certain country has a number
for the country in the corner?  Then this number could be shown on the
world map?  i don't know.  just ideas.

-mike

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:31:52 CDT, you wrote:

>Sure...  How do you want the project done?  Black & White?  Greyscale?
>
>Sprites; 8x8 on a map that's 16x8?
>
>Jim Reardon
>jim.reardon@juno.com
>Viva La Mexico
>http://pages.prodigy.net/eviljim/
>We all come into the world the same way - naked, screaming, covered in
>blood.  But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have
>to end there.

Follow-Ups: References: