Re: A85: Mario for the 85 (my $0.02)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Mario for the 85 (my $0.02)

seperate string? well, you are using usgard :) so you can just execute a
seperate string. the string would just display the pic, do whateve ryou
want (oth_pause ?) and then be done. just execute the seperate asm file
within in your file. I belive itis this easy =)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Terry Peng wrote:

> Kevin Buck wrote:
> >
> >         I really don't know who the author is of this new Mario game, but I
> > would like to say a few things.  Since this is just obviously the very first
> > level, You should really make it a bit easier,
>
> OK:) I know it was kind of hard, but I didn't want to release an easy level
> because then we would have another sqrxz. (which is a great game, it's just
> that the level is too easy)
>
> > and consider making the second key the jump key.
>
> I should probably explain why F1 is the jump key. When I was just doing the
> groundwork on this game, before I could test it, I thought I would have mario
> go slow normally and use F2 as the Run key. But it turned out that the
> scrolling takes up too much time and adding a delay loop would not be good.
>
> Very well, I'll change the jump key to [2nd] in version 0.4
>
> > Another thing, if you look at the old nintendo
> > controls, the cursor pad is on the left.  How about making everything
> > display upside down, and just turning the calc over.  I tried this, and it
> > really isn't as difficult as it may sound to see the screen etc.  That way,
> > as in the old games, 2ND could be jump, and EXIT could be turbo.
>
> The problem with exit being the run key is that the user might not be able to
> find out how to quit the program! This is why F1 became the jump key. Also,
> it would be too much trouble to turn the calc upside down. I would have to
> rewrite my scroll routines, sprite routines, and anything that accessed the
> screen, which is my entire source code. No thanks.
> (I might do this after the final version is done, if the demand is present)
>
> BTW, I'd like to ask what the title pic should be. BxW, 4grays, or 8grays.
> Let me just say that 8grays is MUCH better than 4grays, and 4grays is MUCH
> better than BxW. The only question is about memory. Thoughts? Perhaps a
> seperate string could carry the title pic? (Anyone know how to do that?)
>
> Go here for Mario 0.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ->	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/5104/index.html
> Terry Peng < tpeng@geocities.com >

				Biya! =)

                         .       .     .
                     .    .   .             .
              .    .                            .     .
          .                     Will Stokes                .
      .             wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu           .
    .                   wstokes@geocities.com                       .
      .  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/will.htm    .
       .   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/      .
        .    .           (The TI-85 Calc. Center)               .
                       .