Re: A85: Mapping Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Mapping Routine

On my Solomon's Key game, i made objects that i couldn't walk through
have the high bit set in the map and objects you could walk through
(or pick up) had the high bit as zero.  I don't know if that was the
best way to do it, but it worked really well.  Then you will need a
routine to put the location of the sprite into coordinates that are
the same as those of your map.

-mike

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 16:32:05 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Ok, I put your routine in and changed everything so it will work for ZShell,
>but when I run my game, I get a message saying, "ERROR 14 UNDEFINED" just as
>if I was running a program. Any ideas? I don't need to know how to move a
>sprite, I did that already, but I will need help finding if it "hits"
>anything...but I would like to get this problem resolved first.
>
>Jansson Stout
>jes247@aol.com

><< Do you have your map drawn already?  Are you using aligned sprites are
> unaligned sprites?
>
> If you want to convert my Usgard sample to ZShell, replace all the
> instances of:
>
> ld	hl, &anything

> ld	hl, anything
> push	de
> ld	de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
> add	hl, de
> pop	de
>
> Depending on some of the places I used relocation at, the push de / pop de
> may or may not be necessary.
>
> Then replace the LIB_CALL_(SPRITLIB,PUTSPRIT) with
>
> CALL_(	PutSprite)
>
> And be sure to include the PutSprite code in your source file.
>
> If you need help drawing a moving sprite, finding where it should be drawn,
> and determining if it "hits" anything, I can help you with that as well. >>

Follow-Ups: References: