Re: LZ: Couple of questions.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Couple of questions.

First of all, the VAT stands for Variable Allocation Table, and it
stores the addesses of all the variables the user can access from TI-OS...

Second, the IX and IY registers are index registers... IX is not set
at any specific place (i.e. can be changed without causing problems), but
the IY register is used to help set some bits necessary for ROM call
functions... If you change it without disabling the interrupts first, you
can cause the calc to crash (I think).

Third, please don't ask which shell is best... That can cause flame
wars on this list... My advice: try them all out and decide which you
prefer.

Fourth, SuperNova is another shell which is (currently) in
developement... I don't know exactly who is programming it, but I don't think that
a public release is ready.

~Michael