LZ: Thoughts on mass-storage systems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Thoughts on mass-storage systems

Either nobody else has checked lately, or everyone's in silent
shock... now that there are no more chips, Mel Tsai's Serial
Flash Expander is kinda-sorta finished until he can get a new
design, and there are only about 100 of those out there.  I
would suggest that we need to put together another form of
mass storage, and the audio-tape idea holds promise.  IMHO we
should do it all by ZShell ( forget the TI ROM routines and
emulating another calc, it's impossible ), simply reading in
a set of data directly into code, and writing the data as it
should be set to be read.  Not really that hard.  The Timex
Sinclair pulled it off in 16K of ROM ( when you include all
it's programming and other stuff in that 16K ) and 2K of RAM.

We should check into this.

Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ UIN 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
"Nolite tes bastardes carborundum." - Margaret Atwood
"C> REALITY.SYS is corrupt, reboot universe? (Y|N)" - Anonymous
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers or any of their subsidiaries unless specifically
stated as such.