Re: Re: LZ: jump tables vs. lookup tables (WAS: Re: LZ: my 2 frozen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: LZ: jump tables vs. lookup tables (WAS: Re: LZ: my 2 frozen

For ZShell, you need 2 lookup tables(ROM 3.0A, ROM 9.0):
  28 * 2 = 56 bytes for the look-up table.
+ ? bytes for the 'parser'

Usgard:
  42 bytes for the ZShell jump table
+ a little parser which just does a MUL_HL and some funky stuff...

If the way we do it isn't smaller, it isn't very much bigger. I for myself still believe that it's smaller.
 Andreas
E-Mail:  ess.andreas@computerhaus.at
Webpage: http://andi.ganymed.org