Re: LZ: Well.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Well.

> >        after nearly 8 years ( Windows 1.0 was released in 1989 ),
> people
> >are still
> >        working out DLL implementation. :-D

I really doubt Windows 1.0 had any sort of dream of dlls since it was
just a fancy dos menu program.  They came much later on.  Besides, they
can't even get the Remember Password button to work in dial up
networking so I really wouldn't trust them to implement anything
successfully.

> >3)      PSOII.  Good idea.  I'll be interested if I can see a beta.

I for one would like to see a shell that supports relocation and is not
one standard.  We need a small shell (cshell size) with relocation (but
not neccessarly libraries because there is no really need - slows down
stuff like pixel putting and the amount of compiled code reused is
really insignificant.  I thank they are sometimes just crutches for less
expirenced people).

> >4)      Poweruser v. mass-use shells.  I have to agree that ZShell is
> still the

I don't really think that usgard is too complicated for anyone.  I don't
think you can really call it a poweruser program or anything.  It is a
poorly written, larger then neccesary and very buggy shell.  Much more a
kin to Win95 then a powerful OS like Linux or os/2.

> Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com

Don't you just like those nice people at hotmail?

Adam Geitgey
Partner CSRA Web Design and Computer Consulting
"Web Design for the Information Age"
PGP Key upon request
Email:  csrawebtech@qualityservice.com
Web  :  http://csraweb.home.ml.org