LZ: Well.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Well.

After 6 hours and 700+ messages, and the addition of 3 people to my official
shit-list, I'm finally through everything that's happened on LZ, LZB, and LZ-Adv
in 3 weeks.  My thoughts (flame me if you so feel needed.  Any flames sent to
the list instead of to me is an instant shit-list addition) on the info covered:

1)      Usgard.  Looks nice.  Libraries are good, but need some work.  In all,
        it is a beta and has bugs, as do all betas, but this is by far the most
        promising shell insofar as I have seen.  Guys, get the size down and
improve
        library handling, and I'll be glad.  All non-programmers, remember that
        after nearly 8 years ( Windows 1.0 was released in 1989 ), people
are still
        working out DLL implementation. :-D

2)      Ash for the TI82.  Very nicely done.  Thanks, guys.  All 82 users
will no
        doubt rejoice at this.

3)      PSOII.  Good idea.  I'll be interested if I can see a beta.

4)      Poweruser v. mass-use shells.  I have to agree that ZShell is still the
        primary shell for most users, but we can work on this.  IMHO ( here
come
        the flames ) we programmers should create a ZShell 4.0 plain-vanilla
version
        of any game or program if possible, then go for Usgard.

5)      Where is Supernova?

6)      Too many libraries result in havoc.  Ditto for over-large libraries.  I
        think there should be a maximum of 30 libraries.  Period.  And, I will
        say that no upcoming proggy of mine will use more than 3-5 libs at one
        time.

Now, a few random thoughts:

1)      The TI-85 keyboard.  I brought this up a few weeks back, and nobody
noticed.
        Now, I repeat.  Deep in the online document libraries of Philips
Semicond.
        is a PDF on how to recieve input from a PC keyboard ( not the PS-2
port style,
        standard DIN-5 or DIN-3 ) using the I2C interface.  As I2C
interfaces can
        be operated using only two wires, this is ideal.  I'm thinking of
trying this.
        Any comments or interests?  If I succeed, it will be a Usgard
library BTW.

2)      Ditto for a mouse, this would be more easy.  Ditto also for libraries.

3)      List-Usgard.  PLEASE.

If anyone was offended by this unusually-long-email for a list-serv, I
apologize.
But a number of things had to be said while I had the attention of the masses.

Back into action,

Ryan J. Myers ( Webmaster )      rmyers@inetarena.com (ICQ UIN 1473314)
Portland, Oregon ( US )          http://boris.inetarena.com/
"Nolite tes bastardes carborundum." - Margaret Atwood
"C> REALITY.SYS is corrupt, reboot universe? (Y|N)" - Anonymous
The contents of this email are my own opinions and do not represent the
positions of my employers or any of their subsidiaries unless specifically
stated as such.