Re: A85: CPU pinouts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: CPU pinouts

Just because it is a Z80, does not mean it is made by Zilog.  There are
such things as IBM compatibles, and Z80's are similar, in that someone
can make a compatible chip. I am looking for the pinouts to the Toshiba
made chip. It does not have  the same pinouts as any Zilog chip.  I'm not
sure, but I think it was custom made for TI, by Toshiba, but I KNOW it
is a Toshiba chip. I have opened the  calculator.  There isn't a single
chip made by Zilog.
I want the pinouts, so I can make a RAM expander that doesn't need a
processor, but can work off of the existing processor in the TI-85.  I
want to directly hook more RAM in to the 85, but I need the pinouts.  If
anybody knows, I would appreciate the info.  This probably isn't
possible, but hey who knows?