Re: A85: Difference between remorse and apology, and when a lack of ne

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Difference between remorse and apology, and when a lack of netiquette can REALLY kill you

The first post I made was not a bash, an insult, or anything like that.  I
posted that things outside of the realm of A85 should not be discussed on
A85 (imagine that).  An occassional wandering, such as yours, isn't a big
deal, but it's something that I just usually send to stop things like the
"Great Mac / PC War" we had a couple months back.  Besides that, it is
proper behavior not to post irrelevant questions.  Your question wasn't way
off topic, because it is about a calculator, but again, I respond to every
off topic post with a letter like that.

Unfortunately, other people felt the need to (1) defend off topic posts,
the equivalent of spam and (2) start using inappropriate language and (3)
became extremely rude over the whole thing.  My first post was NOT rude,
nor was it meant to be.  It's not my fault this thing has avalanched as it
has.  Sorry if I had came off as rude the first time, that was not my
intention.

At 11:21 AM 12/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>thanx.  and also, i wasn't insulting anyone.  i was telling everyone
>including myself that it is very dumb to continue to argue over little
>things like my question.  i'm not moving to another list because of this
>either, i'm moving to those lists to get info that will help me build my
>compiler more effectively.  besides i doubt anyone would kill me for
>making such a general observation, i know what i did wrong, i've learned
>from my mistake and i would like to share this with others to keep them
>from making the same mistake
---
 Eviljim (Jim Reardon)
 eviljim@megsinet.net
 ICQ UIN #1893323 (talk to me!)
 http://eviljim.home.ml.org
 "The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they're going to be
when you kill them."

Follow-Ups: References: