A85: RE: atrocious ASM shell spelling!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: RE: atrocious ASM shell spelling!

Okay, I have been quiet about this, because at first I used to waver whether or not to say "Usgard" or "Usguard."  However, this is just silly.  If you use the shell, you should know how to spell it!  (Those who don't have web or other access to the archives are grudgingly exempted.)

Now, ZShell is spelled as such.  Two capital letters.  However, Usgard is ALSO spelled such.  ONE capital letter, and ONLY ONE U!!  This is driving me insane, because I use Usgard all the time, and it isn't that hard to spell.

Hmm, as for those who are interested, Usgard is pronounced as in German "Asgard," or (for us English-speakers) "AHZ-gahrt," ah as in father, s as in zebra, and d like t.  At least that's how Andreas Ess, Austin Butler, and I say it.  Hehe, argue if you want, but I don't care.

Hmm, also, it's PhatOS, Rigel, although no one seems to misspell those.

Ahh, finally got that off my chest.... Hehe, the pronunciation doesn't bother me nearly as much as the spelling!  :)  Just so long as I pronounce it right.
-----
Stuntman (Nathan James Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://www.cyberverse.com/~stuntman/nathan.html
President of Stuntworks, QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC programmer,
Bell Ringer (Treble Clef), Tolkien/Middle Earth Scholar, Writer
Stuntworks - http://stuntworks.home.ml.org