Re: A85: USGuard vs. ZShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: USGuard vs. ZShell

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:10:15 -0800, you wrote:

>Haha "USGuard", that's the weirdest spelling I've seen yet! Usgard is
>mainly better for programmers, because it is much easier to program with
>features such as relocation and interrupt support. Most new programs are
>coming out for Usgard, so if you use ZShell you won't be able to run them.
>Usgard can run all ZShell programs, though. Usgard is a little larger than
>ZShell, but programs made specifically for Usgard are smaller than ZShell
>programs.

As for the programs being smaller, Solytare for Zshell is 200 bytes
larger than the Usgard version and 250 bytes larger than the Rigel
version.  And it is a pretty small game.  Relocation definitely pays
for the larger shell size, and quickly.

-mike pearce
mgp4007@omega.uta.edu

Follow-Ups: References: