Re: A85: Zshell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Zshell

In a message dated 08/29/97 22:40:11, you wrote:

>HELP!
>
>I am attempting to load Zshell40.85b onto a TI-85 with the PC ptr port but
all

>the link programs I have used give a transmission error. I have tried,
>
>Cal
>Link-TI
>Link85XP
>S8
>
>They are able to transmit xxx.xG, xxx.xS and xxx.xP but refuse to send a
backup
>(xxx.xb)
>file. Must I use Graph Link or is there some less obvious way to load
Zshell?

>One of them had a menu item for backup files but Zshell did not show on the
directory.
>Do I need to rename the extension to something else?
>
>Also, has anyone written a PC simulator for ti-85?
>
>Thanks Jan, Zumwalt

Have you tried another Backup file? It could be the one you're trying to load
has become corrupted. A corrupted backup file would definitely give you a
transmission error.
You might try this: reset your calculator, then send a backup of it to the
PC. Now, try sending this clean backup back to the calculator. If this works,
you know it's the ZShell file you tried to send; if not, I don't know what
your problem is.

Good luck,
Nathaniel Talbott
Stranger Software
<:((><

P.S. Are you the one who said they were a professional Z80 programmer? If so,
what exactly do you (or did you) do? Just wondering...