Re: A85: Assembly-85: Why It's Starting To Stink!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ryan Myers wrote:

> To Other Programmers: To most end-users of our programs, all they care
> about is whether or not they can run it.  To put it simply, if they can't
> run it with what they have, they won't play it - regardless of how recent
> their shell is.  And the fact of the matter is: The large majority of the
> 85-shell users out there don't even own their own link, much less subscribe
> to this list.  So that means that most of them will still be running ZShell
> 4.0 - and most of them wouldn't want to bother the switching back-and-forth
> with other calcs to get a new shell JUST to play one measly game or program.
> I want people to use what I spend my time writing, and this is why I refuse
> to write a program if it won't work under plain-vanilla ZShell.

For me, it doesn't matter that much if the user plays my games or not. I
(and
probably others as well) program for the shell which allows most, is
easiest to
program, ie the best programmer support. If not everyone uses that
shell, too
bad for them - and who cares? As stated on my homepage, and which
probably
is the programming philosophy for other programmers - you program ticalc
games/stuff
because it's FUN, not because you want other people having fun playing
it. A huge
difference.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please