Re: A85: TI Assembler on TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: TI Assembler on TI

PAULH@mdli.com wrote:

> I have a couple ideas/suggestions/questions about putting an assembly compiler
> on a TI.  First of all, the whole thing would of course be very difficult, but
> it may be possible.
>
> [cut]
>
> The only other problem I see is labels.  That could be solved with the pseudo-
> coding though.  There, a byte stands for (Start Label) and (Stop Label).

Problem is there are quite many labels, and it would still make the
source (or
whatever you call it) quite big.

The biggest flaw with an oncalc assembler is that it's quite useless.
Anyone
programming assembly knows that during program development, crashes
occur
frequently. If you are at school or whatever, and the calc crashes,
you've lost
everything. Even if you could receive a backup from a friend, you would
have to
copy the source to that person every time you want to try the program.

IMHO, it's not worth spending time making an oncalc assembler,
especially since you
have to solve all difficulties you mention.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please