A85: My 2 cents on usgard vs zshell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: My 2 cents on usgard vs zshell

    Reading over the pety complaints some poeple are makeing about
usgard I can't help thinking how similer this debate is to the ones that
went on 5-6 years ago when MS Windows was released to replace ms-dos.
I've written special purpose programs for zshell and usgard, and I've
found that like windows did with dos, Usgard takes up a lot more
overhead then zshell, but ultimatly it makes simpler programs.
    When windows came out most of the *real* programmers truely hated
it.  (Hey, I didn't like it much either)  All that overhead took up too
many resources.  I didn't like it since most of the programs I wrote and
used were for dos all windows did was slow everything down.  But like
most programmers I had to start using it because nobody used DOS
anymore.  There hasn't been a major application released for DOS since
Word Perfect 6.0.  After I switched to windows I began to see some of
the major adavantages to using the new OS, like DLLs (Windows'
Libraries).
    The same sort of thing is going on here,  some people resist change
and those people are complaining because most of the new programs won't
work with the old OS.  To all those who complain I'd like to say "Quit
you're bitchin'!" if you want the new software then get with the
program.  To be honest I prefer zshell to usgard that's just what I like
but you don't see me complaining because it's rather immature behavior.
All the TI-asm programmers out there aren't on your payroll, they write
and distribute their programs for everyone's benifit out of the goodness
of their heart, so who are you to say what OS the program should be for.
They're doing you the favor here, so you should be thanking them for
writing the program in the first place.

Daniel
s1274061@uottawa.ca

Follow-Ups: References: