Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Sqrxz 0.7b

What damn programs have you ever written?  I hate people like this.  He
wants his program for Usgard, it's his perogative.  Usgard is a superior
system, with superior features.  If you don't want to use Usgard, then you
don't want to play Sqrxz enough.  Deal with it, move on, and program your
own damn game.  It's not easy, and we're not getting paid.  Every
non-programmer is alike.  They expect things - expect authors to give up
the rights over their games just because they don't want to be troubled to
switch OSes.  People complained that HAL was delayed because they wanted a
release party, saying they egotists because they want that one thing.
They're not getting anything else out of it, and neither is Jimmy.

At 04:21 PM 8/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>my $0.02
>
>I just want to go on record as saying that releaseing a program & source
>for ONLY usgard is LAME.
>some people out there hate usgard & all the crap that goes with it.
>perhaps if you would allow a
>zshell or phatOS port of the game. I happen to like the sqrxz game but I
>am not about to use usgard
>to play it. I hope for your sake somebody writes a program for zshell
>that looks just like sqrxz
>(perhaps even based on the source) but with the name changed so it
>wouldn't be sqrxz ;)
>
>Mike Baker
>mbm00@hotmail.com

>> Anyway, I've been working very hard with the old Sqrxz for the TI-85 and
>> after a week of intensive programming a new beta (the game is almost
>> complete)
>> has arisen. Some features
>>
>>  * The first real horizontal smoothscrolling game for the TI-85
>>  * Contains more than 100 different 8x8 graphic tiles
>>  * 4 different, animated, enemy types
>>  * External Worlds (with a level editor for the PC)
>>  * Choose speed (slow,normal,fast) and if you want to reduce flicker
>>    by using a Virtual screen (recommended for turbo TI owners)
>>  * All this in less than 6000 bytes (1,3k graphics)
>>
>> Sqrxz requires USGARD and will NOT be ported to ZShell or any other
>> OS for the TI-85 without my permission, which you won't receive. The
>> source
>> code (fully commented with all algorithms explained) will be released
>> within
>> a few days when the final version will be released.
>>
>> Get it at  http://www.algonet.se/~mja/ti85/sqrxz.zip
>>
>> Included in the ZIP is one world with only one level :( so far (I didn't
>> have time
>> to create more levels) BUT the leveleditor which I use is included in
>> the ZIP. You
>> should be warned that it is the complete opposite of a userfriendly
>> editor -
>> read the Sqrxz DOC for more information.
>>
>> Expect new versions in a very soon future.
>>
>> --
>> Yimmy Mårdell                   "We are the crown of creation
>> mailto:mja@algonet.se            we may do whatever we please
>> http://www.algonet.se/~mja       Fuck nature, man rules!"
>> IRC: Yarin                         Fuck Nature /Cat rapes dog

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: