A85: 11 one-meg expander chips left for sale!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A85: 11 one-meg expander chips left for sale!

Hi,

Well the Expander SF project is just about officially closed to make
room for the Expander II and III, and after everything I have about 11
one-meg PLCC chips left ("V" series) for the Expander SF.

I was considering building more Expander SF's out of these chips, but
I decided I don't want to do the work so I'm selling them off.

If you would like to buy one the price is $35 each, first come, first
serve (respond quickly to reserve one).  All the chips are tested and
working, but I can't really accept returns once you've started
building your project since I can't be held responsible if you screw
up :).  As a consolation though I have never seen a chip go bad under
any circumstances (NS has great quality control), so you can be
confident that the chip works when you get it.

I also have a 512k surface mount chip ("M" series) left for $20.

Please email me if you're interested.  thanks!

Note that the plans for the Expander II and III will likely never be
posted (because it is so difficult to build in comparison to the
Expander SF and it requires expensive tools which users don't have),
so this will be your last chance to build your own expander!  Also
note that I'm probably not doing any more driver updates for the
Expander SF, but the 85 driver software is quite good now anyways so
you don't need to worry.

Prices for the upcoming 1 meg Expander II/III will likely be at or
below the current Expander SF price of $60, but they will not be
available for minimum 2-3 months.  The 512k Expander II will be
available probably in 2 months.

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm