Re: LZ: Me agian Same Problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Me agian Same Problem

barrym wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Alan Bailey wrote:
>
> > Yup, that's it.  CLEARLCD trashes hl,bc, and de.  So you can put the push
> > and pop in like barry said.  If you want to use mem, the text mem starts
> > at $80DF, and is 168 bytes (not that that matters).  just go:
> >       ld ($80DF),bc
> >       ...             ;then
> >       ld bc,($80DF)
> > This way you caould keep the mem for later use too.
>
> Is that 168 bytes always available?  What is it's normal use, if any?
>
> Barry

It's always for use in a zshell program.  In the regular TI-os, it
contains the ti-ascii codes for the characters on the screen.
(21 columns * 8 rows=168 bytes)
When you do a ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR), It displays the character, but doesn't
update the text memory.  You'll notice that when you first backup with
zshell40.zip(the one with texan and organize), the screen says welcome to
zshell or something.  This is just bacause the characters of the screen
are stored in the text memory in the backup.  Also, there is a secondary
text memory, to store a second screen, but I don't remember the exact
location.  Both of them are usable in a zs program because zs resets the
screen before it exits.

<pre>
--
Compliments of: