LZ: Input number routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Input number routine

OK, I am grossly a newbie with this whole ASM thing.  I checked out the
online lessons, but after the first one, I was unable to hook up with the
page, Sooo, I've been experimenting.  I've run up with a bit of a problem
though.
	What I'm looking to do is have a user input variable.  Three of them, the
manipulate the numbers.  The basic component would be the simple routine:

Prompt A,B,C
Disp A/(B+C)^2

I know, with a lot of work, the GET_KEY routine could be used, if the
numbers were all single digit... but I KNOW there must be an easier way to
do it.  I would like the numbers to be decimals, negatives, or even
functions (A=3+4-2) stuff like that, the way BASIC would treat any
user-input variables.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry about my
naiveté.  As I said, this is day one of ASM.

Thanks.

Brian Peterik
bpeterik@ntsource.com