Re: LZ: MORE HELP NEEDED

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: MORE HELP NEEDED

> From: Peter Cordes <pcomp@ntsource.com>
>
> Frank wrote:

> > exitloop:
> >    call GET_KEY
> >    cp $37
> >    ret z
> >    jr exitloop <<< make this line state JUMP_Z(exitloop)

That will not fix it.  changing a jr statement to a JUMP has no effect
here, as a relative jump can be used since exitloop is not more the 127
bytes back...Also, making it a conditional jump will just result in only
jumping back to exit loop if $37 _is_ pressed (the opposite of what we
want); however, that will never happen, because if $37 is pressed, the
program will ret before it gets to that instruction...In other words,
changing jr to JUMP has no effect, nor does adding a zero condition...

> > bye: .db "BYE THANKS FOR TESTING",0  ; Displays this line then freezes
> > .end
>
> note that is just my theory of a fix.
> PCoMP
> Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp

; Max Mansour,       // mail : mmansour@gis.net
; self proclaimed   // irc : Justarius
; dictator.        // web : maxwww.home.ml.org
;
;         come visit my handheld pages
;      (OmniGo, Windows CE (soon), TI-85/ZShell)
;
;              Drugs for Doughnuts !
;     Crack, smack, weed, speed, you want it,
;     I got it.  I can be found in the nearest
;     deep-fried pastry establishment.
;     I'm the one with the badge and the gun.

.end