Re: LZ: Anyone (successfully) used the EXX command?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

barrym wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Mel Tsai wrote:
>
> > What exactly happens when you disable interrupts?  I mean, can you
> > still use the link port?  I read in the Zshell archives somewhere
> > saying that you can't use interrupt driven sound or greyscale when you
> > disable interrupts...
>
> You can't do much of anything except raw processing when
> you disable interrupts.  The usual practice is to disable
> interrupts in a routine only for the short time that you
> have to and then re-enable them.  Usually just for a few
> instructions.  I don't know how sensitive the 85 is to this
> but I doubt if you can read the keyboard or do much of
> anything else till they're re-enabled.
>
> Barry

One important thing that doesn't work when you've disabled the interrupts
is GET_KEY, because I guess get key just fetches the byte at ($8001) and
that byte is stored there when an interrupt is called.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>