Re: LZ: Link info.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Link info.

According to "KEITH T BURZINSKI":
>Ah, yes, but is it mono or stereo (2 or 3 pins)?  R.S. _DOES_ have
>3/32 inch male plugs, but they are mono (2 pins) only.
>
>I wouldn't suggest plugging in a mono plug, as it will short one of
>the data lines to ground...  :(

As I have said, RS sells 3-conductor ( or "stereo" or "3-pin" ) plugs in
1/4" male but not 3/32" male.  So I used a 1/4" male and a 3-conductor
1/4->3/32 plug which is also available at RS.  It works great for sound, but
if you wish to use it for parallel link transfer ( which is what I did in
the first place ) then you have to file down the plastic cover on the
converter for it to fit in the TI port.  The metal sections and plug can be
left untouched.

Hope this clears it up,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate