Re: LZ: Anyone (successfully) used the EXX command?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mel Tsai wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:33:36 -0700, you wrote:
> >Mel Tsai wrote:
> >>
> >> I was trying out some new routines for the expander, and it would
> >> really help if I could use the register exchange command.  However, I
> >> remember trying it before, and it didn't work.  Has anyone used the
> >> EXX command?  I'm wondering whether the processor in the TI-85 is a
> >> "true" Z80 or whether the custom design they used left out the
> >> alternate register set...
> >
> >Robs greyscale routine uses EXX and EX AF,AF' to make some sort of push :)
> >But I think you only can use them in interrupts or when you have disabled
> >interrupts, because TI:s normal interrupt uses those registers.
> >

> What exactly happens when you disable interrupts?  I mean, can you
> still use the link port?  I read in the Zshell archives somewhere
> saying that you can't use interrupt driven sound or greyscale when you
> disable interrupts...
>
> -Mel

Well, obviously, anything using interupts wouldn't work anymore.  When
you disable interrupts, it wouldn't interupt you and go to the
routine(whatever mode you are in).  But it would seem logical that you
can use the link port, it doesn't use interrupts, does it?.
<pre>
--
Compliments of: