Re: LZ: Anyone (successfully) used the EXX command?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:33:36 -0700, you wrote:
>Mel Tsai wrote:
>>=20
>> I was trying out some new routines for the expander, and it would
>> really help if I could use the register exchange command.  However, I
>> remember trying it before, and it didn't work.  Has anyone used the
>> EXX command?  I'm wondering whether the processor in the TI-85 is a
>> "true" Z80 or whether the custom design they used left out the
>> alternate register set...
>
>Robs greyscale routine uses EXX and EX AF,AF' to make some sort of push =
:)
>But I think you only can use them in interrupts or when you have =
disabled
>interrupts, because TI:s normal interrupt uses those registers.

What exactly happens when you disable interrupts?  I mean, can you
still use the link port?  I read in the Zshell archives somewhere
saying that you can't use interrupt driven sound or greyscale when you
disable interrupts...

-Mel