Re: LZ: Floppy Drive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Floppy Drive

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996 17:33:36 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>If I'm not mistaken the floppy for the 48 is called Drive 95 and
>was developed for the 95lx.  It has a serial interface and is an
>intelligent device that gives you directory listings and you can
>give it a file and a name and it saves it for you or retrieves by
>name.=20
>
>I've never actually seen one but I've seen them discussed a little
>on the palmtop sig on CIS.  They've never been real popular because
>their slow and fairly expesive and most people just save to a pc.
>I think they're 2 or 3 hundred dollars.

That's interesting, because EVERYTHING for the '48 series is way
overpriced.  I used to have one, and I promptly returned it and got a
TI-92 :-).  I don't see why anyone would spend that much for the
drive, because you can get the HP SRAM cards for half that much and
they're ten times faster and smaller.

Does the drive hook to the serial port or to the main card slot?  If
it connects to the 4 pin serial port then it's probably possible to
use it.

-Mel