Re: LZ: Mouse Port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Mouse Port

> -*-	I've been thinking about the same thing for quite some time but
> -*-arn't there more pins on the mouse cable then connections through the IO
> -*-port?

I checked out the Electronics section of Mel Tsai's home page and
downloaded some stuff about the mouse ports.  I think that the most
common type now is the PS/2 or compatible one that has a 6 pin DIN
connector where only four of the pins are used.  Some of the other
types use different numbers of pins.  I would try this, but I ran
into a problem.   The info that said what pins were what is different
than what the mouse I have is.  I have a 6 pin DIN to 9 D connector,
and on the 9 pin half, only 4 pins are there, which I had expected.
But, when I tested to see what pins on the 9 pin connected to the
pins on the 6 pin DIN, they didn't match the ones given in the text.
The text said that pin 2 on the DIN conncector was RESERVED, but it
is connected to one of the pins of the 9 pin, while the pin it said
was the +5 volt source does not have a pin on the 9 pin half.  ????

-Ed