Re: LZ: Cassette system

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Cassette system

> > If anyone would know how to make a new variable within Zshell, or
> > would like to make this program, contact me!

> The way to create a variable in ZShell is to call the Create Variable
> routine in ROM. There are a couple of things you have to consider
> though. First, the call address is different on all different ROM
> versions. (I don't even know if it's known on all..).
>
> The other thing is that when the routine is executed, it may move
> the variables in RAM around. If the string variable containing the
> calling program is moved, the ret adress from the routine becomes
> wrong..

Yes, I knew this that variables might get mixed up..

> Both these _can_ be solved but as you see, it's a bit problematic.
> I'd wait for the next version of ZShell, which is said to support
> variable management.

Ok, I'll then make this adapter and try to use it and make the final
transfer-program when new Zshell is released..
(I'll post updated version of that schematic soon)

-------
Jake / Moottori
intok8@oyt.oulu.fi, jarkko.vaaraniemi@mbnet.fi, jake@xuq.nullnet.fi
Check my website at http://oyt.oulu.fi/~intok8/