Re: LZ: Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Question

On Wed, 13 Sep 1995, becker wrote:

> barrym wrote:

> > > Well can you go into your program and tell us what line 0151 says. Then
> > > we will be able to help you.
> >
> > If that word is malloc and not mallock then it might be
> > that TASM is running out of memory.  Just a guess but
> > malloc is a C function to allocate memory and it's
> > standard practice to watch for errors when using it in
> > a program and terminate the program with an error.  Is
> > TASM terminating at that point?
> >
> > Barry
> It DOES terminate at that point.
>
> OK, the line says:
>
> Intro1:
>     .db "[>-----------<]", 0     <----this is the problem...
>

> This may not be it exactly, but close enough.
> I even tried moving string info around, and mixing it up, but then, I
> just get a hell of a lot more error messages.
> HOW DO I FIX??
> By the way, if you are kind enough to help me out, I want to tell you
> that I am not on the list, so you will have to send me mail personally.
>
> Thank you
> -Chris

well the problem of this is that you have ascii char. in the .db "(ASCII)",0
how to fix this is put them in hex, like so

i.e.:	.db $03,$FF,$A8,....... and so on.  then of course you put a ",0"
at the end of this line.
this is not the real hex for the char. but that I
can't think of
now. what you can do is goto ticalc.org and look for some prgram called(I
think) ASCII or screen cap.  I think one of those works.
 if you have any more problems tell us.

Carl Turner
cturner@garfield.leesummit.k12.mo.us

"TI-85's Rock!"