Re: LZ: Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Question

barrym wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, NeCrOm wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 12 Sep 1995, becker wrote:
> >
> > > What does it mean when TASM gives me this error when I try to assemble a
> > > program: unable to mallock args <.DB> in line 0151?
> > >
> > > What do I do? none of the labels after this are recognized either
> > >
> > Well can you go into your program and tell us what line 0151 says. Then
> > we will be able to help you.
>
> If that word is malloc and not mallock then it might be
> that TASM is running out of memory.  Just a guess but
> malloc is a C function to allocate memory and it's
> standard practice to watch for errors when using it in
> a program and terminate the program with an error.  Is
> TASM terminating at that point?
>
> Barry
It DOES terminate at that point.

OK, the line says:

Intro1:
    .db "[>-----------<]", 0     <----this is the problem...

This may not be it exactly, but close enough.
I even tried moving string info around, and mixing it up, but then, I
just get a hell of a lot more error messages.
HOW DO I FIX??
By the way, if you are kind enough to help me out, I want to tell you
that I am not on the list, so you will have to send me mail personally.

Thank you
-Chris