Re: LZ: New idea for compression program!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Scott J. Rein wrote:

> >If you write a shell, you'll have to make PROGRAM_ADDR point
> >to the beginning of the program when you execute it.  If you
> >don't write a shell you'll need to make PROGRAM_ADDR point to
> >the beginning of the compressor before you run it, and then
> >set it back to the new address of the decompressed program.
> >You'll need to find out from the zshell people if you have to
> >reset it or not.
>
> So I would have to set it twice.  I plan on having the
> decompressor return to the compressed string and then have the
> compressed string run the decompressed one.  does this solve
> the problem?

I think that makes it more complicated but it doesn't really
change anything.  I guess it doesn't really matter if you do
that.  I think you'll end up changing PROGRAM_ADDR even more
this way but thats no big deal.  Changing it isn't difficult,
I'm sure.

Barry