Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Wow, Daedalus works!!!

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Rob Taylor wrote:

> one idea I woudl reccommend to sa, which i came up with when i was
> thinking about a wolf style program for the ti-92, would be to not
> bother with textures.. (hark cries of NO! are you a fool??!) but let
> me expalin... teh textures have to be pretty limited now, and let's
> admit it, they don't look that great...
> My idea was that the engine ran in grayscale,and rather than scaling a
> line for each line on teh srceen, it simply drew a black pixel at
> wher the line would start, a grey line up to wher the line finishes,
> then another black pixel at teh top.. it's also keep note of which
> wall it was raytracing for, and when the wall changes, it drew a
> solid black line.. this should speed the engine up enough for it to
> go full screen, and i think it'd look better (you could have the
> walls three different colour (white light gray, dark grey) to make it
> a bit less drab....

Hmm.  Grayscale takes up proccessor time right?  Well, if it doesn't that would
be a good idea.  It would look a lot better full screen.  Still, he said he
would make it faster (And maybe consequently bigger).  I think that maybe all
walls would be 1-3 'colors', and the floor would be another.  What do the rest
of us think?

                              The nice thing about Windows is that it does
Tony Lieuallen                     not just crash...  It displays a dialog
marvin@mars.superlink.net               box and lets you press 'OK' first.
http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home