Re: LZ: C Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: C Compiler

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:

> I just downloaded the C Compiler for Z80s and it looks pretty neat.
> I haven't tested it out yet, but it looks very much like any other C
> compiler.  It will optimize and everything.  I'm not sure about all
> of the other commands and stuff that are only for the TI-85, such as
> CALL_() and JUMP_(), but I'm sure some macros can be made or
> something like that.  It also comes with some sample code, so I'm
> going to look at that later and see if I can get some C code
> compiled.

I've used the High-Tech C compiler on my CP/M system and
a little bit on my PC.  It's a very good compiler, in my
opinion.  The CP/M version also produces pretty fast and
small code.  I haven't run the PC version enough to know
if it does.

A problem you'll have is that you won't be able to use most
of the libraries.  It'll be a major job to write new libraries
that will work in the new environment.  Remember that a C
compiler is geared to an operating system as well as to a
cpu.  You probably have the CPM version.

On the other hand, they may have one for embedded programming
and if that's the one you have it might not be too bad.  I'd
be a little surprised if that one would be in the public
domain though.

Barry