Re: LZ: Newsgroups

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Newsgroups

> >I am just wondering why the newsgroup alt.os.zshell gets so little
> >traffic.
> > It seems to me that a newsgroup would work much better than a mailing
> >list.  It wont clog up mailboxes and we could only retrieve what we
> >want to
> >see.  We wouldn't have to recieve every message like e-mail
> >
> >Mike
> >http://oeonline.com/~waterboy/
> >
> Some of us only have freenet accounts for web access, and have to use
> free inet email services... so the mailing list is a better way for us.
> Plus newsgroups get spammed more than mailing lists.

Way back when we started the group, we were gonna have the list and
the ng mirror each other, but never got around to figuring that out.
Magnus, maybe we can look into this? email me about it if you think
you wouldn't mind this, and i'll see if i can figure it out. (and i
mean magnus, not everybody else :)

Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com