Re: LZ: ROM info

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ROM info

On  8 Sep 96 at 11:49, Rob Taylor wrote:

> > I know that this might be a little off-topic, but I just started to
> > REALLY disassemble ROM v3.0a, and I found that there are FOUR (4)
> > search buffers!!  One at $8082 (we know), one at $808D (we also know),
> >  one at $8098, and one at $80A3.  Did anyone know this?  I thought
> > that that was kinda intresting. ;)
> >
> there's six.. (just like op1 to 6 on teh ti-83)
> didn't I put this in ti-ram.txt?

Nop, I don't think you did. The last version you released was in May
this year I think and the only thing added to that was the DelBuffer
thing. That version was still called v0.9 and had (C) 1995 just like
the previous version..

> here's the extract from my copy.. if this isn't in any then i must
> not have released the latest version.. (well, i am pretty busy)
>
> 11   8082: general storage area 1:
>            when used for variable funtions teh format is:
>        1 Byte type of variable found afterward
>       1 Byte length of name of variable to locate
>              8 Bytes of name plus padding (left over from last name)
> 11   808d: general storage area 2
> 11   8098: general storage area 3
> 11   80a3: general storage area 4
> 11   80ae: general storage area 5
> 11   80b9: general storage area 6

The usage of no 1 is well-known, but the rest, what are they used
for?

<pre>
--
 Mattias Lindqvist