Re: LZ: I2C Temperature Sensor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: I2C Temperature Sensor

According to Steve Wrobleski:
( snip )
>Heh, you can order the part from national for free, along with a shitload
>of packaging. Im staring at a 16k bit eeprom i also got from them (yes, i
>said bit, that sucks eh?) It says on the datasheet that the i2c bus can
>only handle 16k-bits of total storage, but yet there are some 65k-bit
>ones. Go figgure. I think the best bet to make more mem would either be
>to tap the ti's bus (how many calcs would we like to break?) or to make
>an external z-80 controlled board (pretty cool, cuz you could put
>tons of memory and other stuff on it, but it would be hard to make and
>pretty big) Tapping the bus would be the best way, though wed need enough
>free address space that isnt used so that we dont have to flip pages a
>whole lot, and its not practical for the avg user to open up the calc,
>shave a little off the circuit boar, attach crap to it, etc.

I wouldn't open up my 85 personally, mainly cause my dad paid for it
originally for a college course and gave it to me when he was done, and he'd
be major pissed.  He's thinking of just buying a second one... :)

>To anyone with a 92, that extra port i was hearing about for a projector,
>can you access to each data line on that through asm? If so, how many
>data wires does it have? Ill probably invest in a 92 when they allow them
>in school / college courses / ap exams. I see no reason why they dont.

I've heard of people doing that... I'm not sure how many wires.  No doubt
most of you have heard of FTerm for the upcoming Fargo, which supposedly
allows you to somehow wire an external modem to the port and dial / operate
it...  Surf the net with just a calculator and a BBS / ISP with Lynx and
unix shell, save schools lots o money :D

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" on DARKWORLD

C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

Follow-Ups: References: