LZ: ZIP card

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: ZIP card

What about a card using the I2C bus plugged into the link port that contains
a few RAM chips and an EEPROM chip, that would act kind of like a ZIP drive?
The EEPROM chip would contain the compression routine and some other
information, and the calculator would be backed up, with programs being
retreived individually.  That way, you would only need space for ZShell, any
other variables, and a "swap" space to run the program in, or you could even
have extra RAM on the card to run the program in.  I could do this if
someone could send me a good compression routine, since I know nothing when
it comes to compression.

                                        Kevin Retzke
                                        KRetzke@enteract.com