LZ: ZTetris 1.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: ZTetris 1.0

The file have been posted to LZB. You'll find it at my homepage too,
and probably www.ticalc.org in a while also...

ZTETRIS 1.0    - by Jimmy Mårdell  <mja@algonet.se>

WHY ANOTHER TETRIS?
-------------------
Why make another Tetris game when Tetris 4.5 already exists?
ZTetris was made mainly because some people wanted some more features
added to Tetris 4.5, but nothing happened. So, I started writing my
own tetris clone and now, about one week later, it's finished.

FEATURES
--------
 * 21 levels (0-20). You can choose which level to start between
   (only start on level 0-9 though).

 * Rotate both clockwise and anti-clockwise.

 * You're able to pause the game

 * Teacher key! If you see your techer heading your way, quickly
   press the teacher key to return to TI-OS, and when you start
   the game the next game, you'll automatically resume where you
   was.

 * Hiscore table with names ! The three best results are saved.

 * The scoring is almost the same from the Game Boy version, but divided
   with 10. You only score when you get lines though.

CONTROL
-------
At the option menu:  Arrowkeys    - Choose level
		     Enter        - Start level
		     Exit         - Quit game

When playing:        Left &amp; Right - Move the piece to the left and right
		     Up &amp; 2nd     - Rotate clockwise
		     Alpha        - Rotate anti-clockwise
		     Exit         - Quit game
		     More         - Pause
		     Del          - Teacher key. Quickly jumps out to
				    TI-OS. The game will resume when you
				    start it the next time.

When typing name:    A-Z, Space   - Enter letter (max 10 chars)
		     Enter        - Continue
		     Left arrow   - Backspace

SCORING
-------
	   L 0    L 1   L 2   L 3   L 4   L 5   L 6   L 7   L 8    L 9
1 line   |    4 |   8 |  12 |  16 |  20 |  24 |  28 |  32 |   36 |   40 |
2 lines  |   10 |  20 |  30 |  40 |  50 |  60 |  70 |  80 |   90 |  100 |
3 lines  |   30 |  60 |  90 | 120 | 150 | 180 | 210 | 240 |  270 |  300 |
4 lines  |  120 | 240 | 360 | 480 | 600 | 720 | 840 | 960 | 1080 | 1200 |

KNOWN BUGS
----------
 * Sometimes when resuming the piece will change shape. Happens very
   seldom, so it's hard to know where the error is. If anyone figures
   out exactly when this happens, tell me!

 * No more!!

DIFFERENCES FROM TETRIS 4.5
---------------------------
The only thing missing in this game (I think) is the Next square,
but I'll fix that in the next version.

NEXT VERSION
------------
If you have any suggestions about more features, mail them to me!!!

GREETS
------
Greets to all who keeps #calc-ti at EFnet alive:
 [MBM], Whimsy, Piper1, Delorean, Darksolo, Calcbert, THX, Pearljam,
 Benjie, _Intel_ and all those I've forgot.

Of course also greets to the Rob Taylor, Dan Eble &amp; Magnus Hagander,
the ZShell Development Team (haven't they got enough greets??? :-)

HOW TO CONTACT ME
-----------------
The easiest way is to send an email to mja@algonet.se, but you'll also
find me on IRC, #calc-ti at EFnet with the nick Yarin. I'm usually there
about 10:00 pm - 11:30 pm CET (Central European Time).

Also visit my homepage at http://www.algonet.se/~mja for latest
info about other ZShell games from me.

//Jimmy Mårdell 96-09-06

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"Strap me down with disillusion
  Tie me up in lifelines
   Nothing stops my thoughts from breeding
    Nothing's stopping my mind" - Leather Strip
</pre>