Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Rob Taylor wrote:

> > > Do you think i'd be possible to just downlaod the mem area 0000-8000
> > > and I'll look to see if there's any hint of rom changing.... you can
> > > either do this using the link port (routiens for th pc are available
> > > at ticalc.org), or you could copy it into a string a bit at a time
> > > and download these (i.e. 2 16k strings)
> >
> > I've tried to access string with asm.  That was the first thing
> > I tried to do on the 83 when I got it.  I wasn't able to make it
> > work at that point.  I'm not sure if it was something I was doing
> > wrong of if the docs were wrong.  They weren't clear so it might
> > have been me.
> >
> > I'll take a look for the link port routines, assuming that they're
> > the same for the 83 as for the 85.  I sort of doubt that but who
> > knows.
>
> the 83 hasd same link protocol as 82, which is fully documanted..
>

> > Another possible alternative will be to see if there are any
> > documented routines for the link port in the 83.  I don't
> > remember seeing any but I read the docs before I decided to
> > get the link so I might have passed them over.
>
> there are link routines to call on teh 82 - its in the docs.

In order to use the link to do this I'll have to learn the protocol
and write code to handle it.  The only 83 routines are low level
ones.  I don't know if I want to get into anything that heavy at
the moment.  I'll take a look at the 82 protocol and decide if it's
something I can do fast.  If not, I think I'm going to stay with
the string thing till it's solved.

Barry